Saturday 6 September 2014

The three mentors- A poem-tribute to all the teachers out there

Teachers are the ones who mold you into what you are today. Without them there is no future for us, no hope for a good job. We are ever indebted to you. So, here's a self-composed poem for showing how much we care for you.

The three mentors

I was a seed searching for a path,
A way for me to grow.
When all of a sudden a bit of soil touched my heart
And I could sense I was no longer alone.

The soil said she was my mentor,
My guide who would teach me how to go through life.
She warned me not to take short-cuts or detours,
Else no amount of hard work would suffice.

Time passed on and I grew everyday,
Learnt so much from her.
Then she said one day,
This is all the knowledge I can give you dear
And saying that she went away.

Then came water, as patient as can be,
Who taught be how to live and learn from my mistakes.
He always preached that you will not survive if you are meek,
Always be alert and always be on your guard, never get scared.

Just as soil's time was up,
Soon that day dawned when water also resigned his job.
I thought my training was over and done,
But there were still things in store I had no clue about.

Air made her way up to me later,
And taught me to soar higher and reach greater heights.
She inculcated values and ethics,
With a hint of humour and laughter in sight.

My final test had come after all the hard work,
Sunlight had come to evaluate me.
With his hard stare and daring smirk,
I knew this wouldn't be easy at all.

After hours of questioning,
He finally came to a conclusion.
He looked down at me smiling
And said I was the perfect plant till now.

To this day I am indebted to my mentors,
Soil, water and air, they shaped me into who I am today.
Without them I would have still been that seed locked away,
From the whole world that looks up to me today!

Happy teachers day! 

2 comments:

  1. Well done Ananya!

    I loved this poem, I enjoyed the analogies drawn to the flourishing of a small seedling to a perfect plant! The use of soil, water and air as the mentors is fantastic!

    A very uplifting poem! Keep it up!
    Anu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anu Aunty! More poems on the way...

      Delete