Friday 19 December 2014

Depth- The beauty of eyes in the form of a poem

Dear readers.

Here is another one of my self-composed poems. This one is based on green eyes. Without further ado, here's presenting, Depth.

Depth 

On that summer morning when we first met,
It was a normal day turned into a special one.
How I stumbled and saw your silhouette,
Shifted my eyes towards you to see who was this person who made me run. 

That was when I saw them,
Those beautiful, beautiful eyes!
Perfect and pretty at the same time, 
They felt like knives piercing through my heart. 

They were an amalgamation,
A puzzle of colours. 
The first one I could decipher,
Was green, as sharp as a needle pricking my skin. 

Green seeped into the iris,
Like water gushing into a dry lake.
It gave life to his eyes,
The way they danced in delight. 

Then came brown, with small specks of grey,
And a small black pupil.
It felt like staring at an ocean and watching the sun drown in it,
Like a million seas had come together to this one beach. 

The brown resembled the sand, 
The green and grey took shape of the water.
The black pupil, was more like a reflection,
Of someone in the sea. 

That was when I fell for them,
Their depth and their shine.
The way they danced off the sunlight,
It felt almost too good to be right. 

1 comment: