Thursday 26 November 2015

The Good Pain

It pricks and hurts, it bruises and aches. It makes me numb in places I never knew, it makes me cringe  and writh in pain. But I don't need a painkiller, because this is a good pain. The sweet drops of blood that fall from touching a rose, the loving scars that come from the pen with which you wrote. The aching heart that loves him for letting go, the now peaceful mind that is ready to glow. Can this be happiness in the form of pain? For I feel no bounds to it, yet it hurts. It hurts a lot, but I want this pain. It's the pain of moving on from pain. The pain from leaving behind the past. The pain of looking forward to a new life. The more I look forward, the more it hurts. But I welcome this pain like its my new elixir. I wish to stay in this pain forever and never let it die. No painkiller is going to help, for I want this pain. I truly want this pain to relish and devour me, to change me inside out and create a new being to survive in this world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment