Sunday 25 January 2015

A daughter's present to her father

All daughters are their father's girls. I have not met a single girl who doesn't want to be in the good books of her dad. The relationship a father and daughter share is something different. It's unique in its own way. They may fight, they may reconcile, do mischief together, wreck the house, trouble mom, basically do everything together. So, for my father's birthday I decided to write him a poem which goes like this. Happy birthday dad! 

Father 

From the day I was born,
To the day I die,
I will always be my father's daughter, 
The only girl by his side. 

He was my tooth fairy,
And my pirate.
The king of my kingdom,
And my official pilot. 

We had our fights,
We had our laughs.
How we used to trouble mother,
Every time using the same path. 

I do everything to please him,
I write everything to make him proud.
I draw to show him what I'm capable of,
So that one day, he can hold his head up high in a crowd. 

I can do anything for him,
Anything that will make him say "well done".
I'm ready to go through anything,
Just to hear him say, that's my girl up there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment