Thursday 15 January 2015

Put me down- Anti-bullying

Bullying is something everyone has gone through. If not something as harsh as that, you may have gone through back-stabbing, being framed for something or just being betrayed by a friend you thought was loyal to you. This poem is for all those lost souls with no hope in their eyes. An episode that happened in my life inspired me to write this.

Put me down

Knock me down,
Push me over.
Stump me and trample me,
Abuse and insult me. 

I won't fear you
If that's what you're trying to achieve,
Because I'm bigger than that.
I'm bigger than falling for your traps.

I will rise up from the ashes,
I will learn from my wounds.
My pain will go but the scars will remind me 
Of people like you in this world. 

You are petty, you are a coward.
Instead of fighting head on,
You attack after dark behind my back.

You don't deserve my tears,
You don't deserve the pain and sorrow I go through
Because of you. And if I give in to it,
Then you've won the whole game.

But, I ask you to put me down,
To make me vigilant and aware
Of people like you on this planet,
Who'll do anything for revenge. 

Put me down and see me rise,
Rise from the same fears and tears you gave.
Rise to become a better person,
Rise to become someone you can never hope to be,
Because the two of us are as different as
"Chalk" and cheese. 

No comments:

Post a Comment