Sunday 2 November 2014

Life of a blogger

Blogging changed my life. There's no denying the fact that blogging has made me a better analyst, a better writer, a better critic and a better reader. Blogging has both its pros and cons just like anything else in the world. So it's time to travel through the mind of a blogger and get to know what happens behind the scenes. Get answers to your fundamental "blogger" questions and hopefully get inspired to start your own blog soon!

PHASE 1- The Begining
This is when the idea of blogging comes to you from all directions. Your family, friends, co-workers, everyone keeps pushing you until you finally say yes and start blogging.

PHASE 2- The Idea
Now just as make your blog, the most difficult thing is choosing an appropriate topic for your first post. Usually it's easy if a certain event lead you to blogging (that's what happened to me). But when you decide to start blogging right out of the blue, it becomes difficult to choose between a huge array of topics. Some would like a small introduction about themselves, others would choose to describe what they'll be blogging about and some might just decide to go random. My advice is to go in all directions. Start with something about yourself, then move on to your likes and dislikes and then top it off with what your viewers expect from you.

PHASE 3- The Bomb
Once you've created your blog you will have a sudden burst of thoughts and things you want to write about. I've experienced it first-hand. When I first started blogging I wanted to go in so many directions ranging from food to movies to novels! So I decided to go simple and wrote a review of one of my favourite novels.

PHASE 4- Recognition
The best thing about blogging is when you reach Phase 5. You start getting readers from all over the world. They view and like your posts and the feeling is amazing! And it just elevates when you get appreciation from someone the minute you post something. That's right, I've got a "blogger stalker" and I hope he or she really does like whatever I write. So, here's a personal thank you from my side to you, if you see this. It really makes my day when I see your appreciation.

All these phases make blogging worthwhile. Though it has all these pros the cons can't be overlooked. Not many to go with, but time-consuming is definitely one. You tend to spend hours on your blog once you've got a good base. Writing more posts and eagerly waiting for your readers to react, it consumes most of your time. Other than that, there really seem to be no more cons from me. Overlooking the cons, blogging can be a fun and amazing experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment